Website Peterson Consulting Group
As an executive search firm serving potential employees in the construction industry, Peterson Consulting Group has over three decades of experience matching you with the best companies in the industry for positions best suited to your experience and talent. Check out PCG online for more information
Title: Project Pursuit Manager
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Salary: $150,000.00 – $180,000.00 per year
- $150,000.00 – $180,000.00 per year base salary
- This Firm offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry.
Our Client a $100M a year Underground Utilities Contractor is currently seeking a qualified Project Pursuit Manager. This position will report to Company Leadership and is a dedicated resource assigned to lead the pursuit and proposal process committed to winning a business opportunity once a “go” decision is made.
Responsible for overall pursuit strategy for an opportunity, including resources required to successfully propose and build effective and compelling RFI, RFQ, RFP submittals that eventually will be turned over to operations. Selected candidates will have an excellent opportunity for advancement and begin working as soon as arrangements can be made.
One of Arizona’s premier heavy civil contractors, this Firm is a privately owned and operated company specializing in the installation of underground utilities including water, sewer, storm drain, dry utilities, telecommunications, fiber optic installation, pipeline rehabilitation, and water and wastewater treatment plant improvements.
Their team members have managed and successfully completed numerous projects encompassing waterlines, sewer lines, sewer rehabilitation, and dry utility-related scopes of work due to our ability to work cooperatively with the owner and design team.
About The Candidate
- Understand all relevant details of the opportunity and Owner/Decision maker expectations
- Drive process to deliver innovative solutions
- Make sure technical proposal delivers on requirements.
- Define a scope and estimate costs for potential projects (including ROW, permitting, scheduling, etc.)
- Drive successful partnership in the proposal process.
- Make sure Operations is aware of the competitive nature of the pursuit
- Define cost competitive while still delivering desired profit margins.
- Look to consistently improve the process
- Minimum of 6 years experience in pursuit/BD management
- Engineering degree or related experience
- Highly effective team builder
- Proven ability to act in a leadership capacity
- Thorough knowledge of industry and regulations
- Results orientation with positive, get it done attitude
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills to ensure product delivery within defined time constraints
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and move between multiple proposals, and manage time and projects appropriately
- Attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite 2010 or later)
To apply, please include:
- Project list. On your project list, be sure to include details of type and size, location, and your personal involvement in these projects.
About Peterson Consulting Group
As an executive search firm serving potential employees in the heavy civil, heavy highway, and commercial construction industry, Peterson Consulting Group has 25 years of experience matching you with the best companies in the industry for positions best suited to your experience and talent. Check out Peterson Consulting Group for more information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All searches are held at the utmost discretion. Confidentiality is exercised to the fullest, both to our candidates and clients.
Please only apply for one job as you’ll be considered for every available position.
There are no fees to our candidates.
Learn more about Peterson Consulting Group here.