Website Peterson Consulting Group
As an executive search firm serving potential employees in the heavy civil, heavy highway and commercial construction industry, Peterson Consulting Group has 25 years of experience matching you with the best companies in the industry for positions best suited to your experience and talent. Check out Peterson Consulting Group for more information.
Title: General Manager
Location: Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Salary: Depending on Experience
- Base Salary DOE
- Annual bonuses based on individual and company performance
- 401k with company match
- Excellent benefits to include medical, dental & vision
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Company vehicle + gas card
Become the General Manager of one of the most dynamic leading construction firms specializing in mass excavation, underground utility, and complete site work services in Wisconsin.
The firm services the local and regional Public Works, DOT, and private commercial & residential infrastructure construction markets throughout Eastern and Southeastern Wisconsin.
They are currently seeking a General Manager to be based out of their Sheboygan, WI corporate office.
About the Candidate
- The General Manager is responsible for managing the firm with complete P&L responsibility.
- As the firm’s leader, you will report to a Wisconsin-based executive leadership team. This team manages a similar, larger construction concern that owns this subsidiary company.
- This position’s accountability includes, but is not limited to; business development, planning, scheduling at the field level, reviewing plans and specifications, analyzing budgets and costs, pre-construction, troubleshooting areas of concern, communicating regularly and consistently with clients, engineers, sub-contractors and construction teams.
- You will provide periodic complete status updates of ongoing projects, ensuring compliance with contract requirements through a thorough familiarization and understanding of each of the project’s plans and specifications.
- The General Manager will be responsible for estimating and managing their own projects within an existing cohesive team environment.
- Within the P&L responsibilities will come the management of the firm’s full accounting and back-office affairs with the assistance of a tenured Office Manager and office staff.
- There will be oversight of a well-managed equipment and service department. Safety is of utmost importance and will be managed through the parent company and their insurance company.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in mass excavation, underground utility construction for DOT, Public Works, and commercial & residential infrastructure construction – 5 of these in a supervisory capacity.
- Expertise in heavy civil construction with an emphasis on excavation, storm drain, sewer, and waterline construction.
- Demonstrated capabilities to manage the complete affairs of a 75 employee, $35M/yr General Engineering Contractor.
- Ability to be hands-on with both the field and office including business development, estimating, scheduling, operations, employee development, and client management. Must be proficient in GPS construction technology. (preferably Topcon)
- Full Profit & Loss responsibility.
- Must be technology savvy with exposure to Heavy Bid or Bid2Win, P6, Microsoft Suite, and Trimble Business Center.
- Knowledge of estimating and managing projects at the field level.
- College degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred.
- Ability to relocate to the Sheboygan area. Temporary housing and travel back to a home base will be provided until a relocation if warranted, is completed.
- Must come with entrepreneurial capabilities and attitude. Leadership and strong people skills are required.
To apply, please include:
- Project list. On your project list, be sure to include details of type and size, location, and your personal involvement in these projects.
About Peterson Consulting Group
As an executive search firm serving potential employees in the heavy civil, heavy highway, and commercial construction industry, Peterson Consulting Group has 25 years of experience matching you with the best companies in the industry for positions best suited to your experience and talent. Check out Peterson Consulting Group for more information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All searches are held at the utmost discretion. Confidentiality is exercised to the fullest, both to our candidates and clients.
Please only apply for one job as you’ll be considered for every available position.
There are no fees to our candidates.
Learn more about Peterson Consulting Group here.