Website Peterson Consulting Group
As an executive search firm serving potential employees in the construction industry, Peterson Consulting Group has over three decades of experience matching you with the best companies in the industry for positions best suited to your experience and talent. Check out PCG online for more information
Title: Director of Preconstruction
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Salary: $150,000.00 – $180,000.00 per year
- Excellent Vacation Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Annual Bonus
- Stock incentives
- Company Vehicle
- Relocation Assistance Negotiable
Our client, a top Arizona privately owned Construction firm specializing in underground utilities, seeks a Director of Preconstruction. This position will need 15+ years of Preconstruction / Project Manager / Estimating experience in a self-perform heavy civil and underground utility installation, rehabilitation, and improvement firm.
The Director will be responsible for establishing and kicking off project preconstruction efforts, creation of the execution plan, indirect development, design plans, and key input into the schedule development. Knowledge of design-build, CMAR, and JOC processes is preferred. Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management is required.
The successful candidate must have advanced knowledge of preconstruction means and methods, estimating, scheduling, cost control, and material pricing and design management. This role will provide oversight and leadership to assigned internal employees. The ideal candidate will lead by example, display honesty, integrity, and good judgment while maintaining the highest professional standards, and will be a proven team player. Our client views their employees as an asset and the key to the success of their company.
About The Candidate
- Work closely with the proposal manager, lead estimator, and project director for all pursuits.
- Attend all kick-off meetings to get alignment with all stakeholders of the pursuit team.
- Perform the site walk to understand the project challenges.
- Write execution plans of the proposal when necessary.
- Evaluate the project for execution risks and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Provide input and recommendations on the schedule to the proposal’s scheduler.
- Award and author PO’s and subcontracts.
- Attend and direct, in close coordination with the proposal manager and assigned project director, the project turnover process with operations.
- Closely assist the assigned Project Director with any questions that may arise during the first few months of the project.
- Visit projects periodically and provide helpful recommendations to improve execution performance.
- 15+ Years Preconstruction/ Estimating/Project Management Experience
- 8+ Years Self Performed Underground Utilities Construction Experience
- Established Management Skills
- Large Design-Build, CMAR, and JOC Project Experience Preferred
- Four Year Degree in Engineering or Construction Management
To apply, please include:
- Project list. On your project list, be sure to include details of type and size, location, and your personal involvement in these projects.
About Peterson Consulting Group
As an executive search firm serving potential employees in the heavy civil, heavy highway, and commercial construction industry, Peterson Consulting Group has 25 years of experience matching you with the best companies in the industry for positions best suited to your experience and talent. Check out Peterson Consulting Group for more information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All searches are held at the utmost discretion. Confidentiality is exercised to the fullest, both to our candidates and clients.
Please only apply for one job as you’ll be considered for every available position.
There are no fees to our candidates.
Learn more about Peterson Consulting Group here.