Website Peterson Consulting Group
As an executive search firm serving potential employees in the construction industry, Peterson Consulting Group has over three decades of experience matching you with the best companies in the industry for positions best suited to your experience and talent. Check out PCG online for more information
Title: Mechanical Estimator
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Salary: $110k to $140k/year
- Excellent Vacation Benefits
- 100% Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Annual Bonus
- Vehicle Allowance
As a Mechanical Estimator, you will prepare, review and present discipline estimates primarily for Water/Wastewater Treatment project proposal activities. In this role, you will provide estimating assistance and guidance to projects, develops conceptual estimates, and performs cost analysis. You will be responsible for assisting in the development of discipline/service estimators, developing, and updating historical databases, and assisting in the development of department procedures. Provides direction to others on project/program level tasks.
This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a new water division with a well-established $100M a year Heavy Civil firm in Phoenix. They are currently seeking an experienced WWTP Mechanical Estimator to bid for self-performed construction of treatment plants, pump stations, and reclamation facilities. Our client offers an employee ownership program and an undeniable opportunity to grow.
About The Candidate
- Develop complete estimates for complex Water/Wastewater Treatment projects, (Underground Pipe, Wastewater & Water Treatment Plants, Pump Stations, Concrete, and Earthwork)
- Review owner plans and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project; develop a plan for the actual construction to serve as the basis for the estimate.
- Utilize engineer techniques and procedures to conduct investigations and adhere to standard company policy and procedures.
- Perform design work as required by the project that is beyond the estimator scope of experience; handle any major technical problems encountered during bid preparation.
- Stay abreast of trends and developments, such as new equipment, methods, and procedures that are developing in the industry.
- Consult with owners on various problems discovered during bid preparation, design, rates, schedules, etc.
- Knowledge of Water & Wastewater Distribution & Collection lines, mechanical equipment such as Pumps, Drives, Blowers, Motors, and standard construction materials used in the Water and Wastewater facilities and systems.
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively to clients, staff, and management both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and structural blueprints.
- Basic to intermediate Computer skills with HeavyBid, P6, Excel, MS WORD, BIM, MS Project, and AutoCAD
- Five years minimum of progressively responsible work experience related
- Provide estimates with a focus on civil and industrial type work
- Attend pre-bid meetings and perform site work evaluations.
- Review blueprints and specifications for work to be estimated.
- Identify labor, material, and time requirements required to perform work.
- Quantity takeoffs and complete estimate preparation for mechanical piping, concrete, earthwork, and Site Development.
- Subcontractor, supplier, and customer interactions
- Preparation of Request for Quotations (RFQ) and analysis of subcontract and material proposals
- Ability to multitask and handle tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Be able to estimate the entire project or be part of estimating team (Depending on size & scope of the project)
- AutoCAD, BIM software experience
- If required be able to perform project manager duties on projects ranging between $1m-$100m
- Experience in Alternative Delivery: Design-Build, CMAR, JOC projects
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in mechanical, electrical, civil, or construction-related technology, OR extensive and related work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge, skills and abilities described above
- 7+ years experience leading estimates for Water/Wastewater Treatment projects
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to perform duties in wide-ranging physical and climatic conditions, heights, and negotiation of complex stair structures
To apply, please include:
- Project list. On your project list, be sure to include details of type and size, location, and your personal involvement in these projects.
About Peterson Consulting Group
As an executive search firm serving potential employees in the heavy civil, heavy highway, and commercial construction industry, Peterson Consulting Group has 25 years of experience matching you with the best companies in the industry for positions best suited to your experience and talent. Check out Peterson Consulting Group for more information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All searches are held at the utmost discretion. Confidentiality is exercised to the fullest, both to our candidates and clients.
Please only apply for one job as you’ll be considered for every available position.
There are no fees to our candidates.
Learn more about Peterson Consulting Group here.