Our client, a very well-respected general engineering contractor that has been in business for over 40 years, is looking for a mid-level Estimator to join their team in Pleasanton, CA. They specialize in mass excavation, grading and paving and overall large sitework/public works construction.
The Estimator will need to have 5+ years of experience, working knowledge of HCSS or Hard dollar, and preferably experience with both residential and commercial site development as well as public works projects. Must be able to take the bid from release to final bid review , then to potential award. Will assist in pre-construction of awarded projects.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collect and analyze data that impacts cost of labor, materials/ supplies, equipment, etc. in order to maximize quality and accuracy of bid in a timely manner.
- Review and compile “take-off” quantities, existing cost history, calculations to ensure accuracy.
- Participate in estimate and bid reviews with Senior/Chief Estimator and Management. Analyze competition and communicate with owners, subcontractors, public and private entities to ensure competitiveness.
- Review drawings, specifications and proposed project site conditions; record findings and solicit input from field operations to include in final project estimate. Analyze alternative solutions and construction methods to increase competitiveness of the bid. Analyze and communicate bidding risks, strategies and present estimate/bid to Senior/Chief Estimator for review to ensure accuracy and completeness. Communicate estimate bid information to field operations at pre-construction meetings to ensure understanding of scope of job.
- A strong track record of 5+ years of estimating experience with heavy highway and civil projects from $100k to $50 million
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Knowledge of estimating, scheduling, and takeoff procedures required
- Be computer literate and know basic Microsoft Office software. Knowledge of HCSS, HeavyBid, Agtek, P6, Hard Dollar or equivalent is a plus
- Must be able to work effectively within a team, and effectively communicate in a client-facing role. Strong written and verbal communication skills is a must
- Attention to detail, organization, and focus a must
- Excellent problem solving ability, and innovative creativity is a must
- Must be self-motivated, able to work under pressure, and consistently be able to follow through with ideas and projects
- $120-170k DOE Base Salary
- Comprehensive Bonus Program
- 3+ weeks PTO
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Relocation Assistance Negotiable
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please include a cover letter, resume and project list. On your project list, be sure to include details of type and size, location, and your personal involvement in these projects.
G. Peterson Consulting Group, Inc. is a leading Executive Recruiting Firm for the Construction Industry. Our Experienced Recruiters are dedicated to identifying, qualifying, and delivering top talent nationwide. Let us help enhance your career. Services uphold the highest standards of professionalism, honesty and integrity. All searches are held in the utmost discretion. Confidentiality is exercised to the fullest, both to our candidates and clients. There are no fees to our candidates.