Website Peterson Consulting Group
As an executive search firm serving potential employees in the construction industry, Peterson Consulting Group has over three decades of experience matching you with the best companies in the industry for positions best suited to your experience and talent. Check out PCG online for more information
Title: 3D Modeling/CAD/Survey Technician
Location: Santa Ana, California
Salary: $110k – 135k per year
- full medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
Our client, a growing $400M company is a heavy highway, earthwork, utilities, paving, and structures, is seeking a 3D Modeling/CAD/Survey Technician.
About The Candidate
Now is your opportunity to join our company. The technician will work in the GPS department and support field operations by:
- Converting 2D civil engineer CAD files to 3D CAD models (residential tracts, commercial site work, highway corridors, landfills, corridors, underground utilities, etc.).
- Maintaining the use of standardized layers, plots, and colors on all drawings.
- Plotting and coloring detailed maps to distinguish between different pay quantities.
- Calculate different earthwork quantities from design data and field topo.
- Synchronize data with the cloud to deliver models to the machines and rovers.
- Work with surveyors at the job site for calibrations
- Maintain a log of all plans and specifics.
- Maintain an RFQ log on modeling questions.
- Performs job site visits as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and interface tools such as Carlson, AGTEK, Civil 3D, Trimble, Bluebeam and other similar programs preferred.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand engineering plans and schematics, and soils reports.
- Capability to visualize the finished grade production.
- Attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Strong work ethic – willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and done correctly.
- Able to work independently and in a team.
- Associate degree in Computer-Aided Drafting software
- Experience working with a heavy civil contractor specializing in grading preferred.
- Computer training and/or experience sufficient enough to complete duties of the job.
- Minimum of 2-4 year’s work experience reflecting the knowledge skills and abilities listed above.
- Any equivalent combination of acceptable education, training, and experience.
- Strong understanding of civil plans
- 5+ years of survey/engineering experience
- Knowledge of general construction, earthwork, utilities, sub grading, paving & drainage, etc.
- Understand how to generate line work for use with the survey.
- Experience with construction stakeout.
- Experience with Trimble and/or Topcon survey equipment and field software (preferably Topcon)
- Experience with GPS (Global Positioning System)
- Experience with Machine Control systems
- Ability to run a CAD program such as Carlson Civil, AutoCAD, AC Civil 3D
- Ability to perform quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Accountable for specific performance
- Strong analytical skills and a proven aptitude
- Conscientious about the timeliness of assignments and quality of work
- Goal-oriented and self-driven
- Strives in high pace work environments.
To apply, please include:
- Project list. On your project list, be sure to include details of type and size, location, and your personal involvement in these projects.
About Peterson Consulting Group
As an executive search firm serving potential employees in the heavy civil, heavy highway, and commercial construction industry, Peterson Consulting Group has 25 years of experience matching you with the best companies in the industry for positions best suited to your experience and talent. Check out Peterson Consulting Group for more information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All searches are held at the utmost discretion. Confidentiality is exercised to the fullest, both to our candidates and clients.
Please only apply for one job as you’ll be considered for every available position.
There are no fees to our candidates.
Learn more about Peterson Consulting Group here.